Fish and Fisheries at the Water–Energy–Food Nexus
9th World Fisheries Congress, March 3-9, 2024
Call for Abstracts – Oral and Poster Presentations
Abstract Submission Opens: Feb 3, 2023
Abstract Deadline: June 30, 2023*
Organized through the World Council of Fisheries Societies, every four years delegates from around the world meet to exchange ideas and perspectives about new research, emerging issues, scientific breakthroughs, and governance related to fisheries science, industry, conservation, and management.
Join us in 2024 as we explore the congress theme of “Fish and Fisheries at the Food-Water-Energy Nexus.”
The 2024 World Fisheries meeting will employ a semi-hybrid meeting model to create an exciting in-person event with select opportunities for virtual engagement for those unable to travel to Seattle (i.e., core content live-streamed and other recorded content available the virtual conference platform). Presenters should plan on attending the conference in Seattle.
- Live-streamed from Seattle – Plenary sessions and selected other session and events will be live-streamed and available online asynchronously. This option will not be available for most symposia sessions.
- In-person presentations – Oral and poster presentations delivered in Seattle. These will also be pre-recorded and available for asynchronous viewing on the virtual conference platform.
- Virtual presentations –Presentations included in the program as pre-recorded content in contributed sessions. These will be available for asynchronous viewing on the virtual conference platform.
Contributed and invited talks will be 15 minutes in duration (~12 minute talk with 3 minutes for questions, unless otherwise specified by session organizers). To increase accessibility, all presenters will be required to provide a recorded version of their presentation prior to the meeting. The recorded presentations will be made available to all in-person and virtual attendees, during and after the meeting. Presentation guidelines and additional instructions will be provided in future correspondence. All accepted authors, both in-person and virtual, are required to register for the 2024 World Fisheries Congress.
Abstracts should include the following:
- Primary author, affiliation, and contact information
- Title (12-word limit, please use Title Case)
- Short title (under 30 characters)
- Abstract (300-word limit)
- Invited abstract (indicate if your abstract was invited by a session organizer)
- Abstract Type
- Oral – 15-minute (~12 minute talk with 3 minutes for questions) presentation in-person in Seattle (unless otherwise specified by session organizers).
- Poster – All posters will be in person presentations and included as a contributed abstract. Posters cannot be submitted to symposia.
- Virtual – These talks will be pre-recorded and available asynchronously.
- Session: If invited to submit an abstract by session organizer, please select that symposium from the drop-down menu. Contributed abstracts can select an appropriate symposium topic to be considered for inclusion in an organized session. Abstracts submitted to symposium that are not selected for inclusion in that session will be considered for inclusion in a contributed topic session. Click here to review sessions.
- Keywords (maximum of 5)
- Is this a student presentation?
- Session moderation (indicate if you are willing to moderate a contributed session)
- Visa requirement*
- Co-authors, affiliations, and emails
*For those needing a visa to travel to the U.S., you can request an expedited review during the submission process, and we will work to get you an acceptance letter within three weeks your submission date.
If you have any questions related to the online submission portal, please contact: Tricia Fry ([email protected]).
If you have any questions related to the conference program, please contact: Abigail Lynch ([email protected]) or Gabriela Palomo ([email protected]).
If you have any questions related to the 2024 WFC generally, please contact: Doug Beard ([email protected]) or Jeff Duda ([email protected]).